Friday, August 30, 2013

Safety Neal's Bread Pudding Recipe

My wife, Sarah, accuses me of becoming a foodie. That is definitely an exaggeration, but I have done more cooking in the last year than in the previous decade.

I've been experimenting with bread pudding and found it to be an easy and cheap dessert.

I start with a loaf of crusty French or Italian bread. I cut it into finger-thick slices and leave it out overnight to get hard.

Then in a bowl I mix: 2 eggs 2 cups of skim milk 2 teaspoons vanilla 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 cup sugar Add the bread slices and coat thoroughly. Let it sit for 5 minutes.

 I pour it all into square cake pan and sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mix.

Bake it for 40 minutes at 350 degrees and you're ready for dessert.

 To make it really decadent, you can make a sauce to pour over the top. The base of the sauce I use is a stick of butter, a cup of whole milk, 1 cup of sugar. You can 1/3 cup of brandy or rum to the sauce as well.

  Bread Pudding Pie

No comments: