Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Taxi to the Dark Side - Great Documentary

Sarah and I just finished watching Taxi to the Dark Side. Sarah suggested it and when I looked it up on Rotten Tomatoes, it had a 100% fresh rating.

I've never seen that high a rating before, but the film earns it IMHO. It an eloquent explication of how the United States devolved into a torture regime.

I think it's impossible to watch this film and not have it temper one's enthusiasm for the United States. And I love this country. I love the red states and the blue states. I love the United States Post Office and the Library of Congress and the United States military.

But Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld fucked up a lot of things during their time in the sun. And their misdeeds have dishonored us all... even as their lunatic reign bankrupted us.

I really don't understand why they haven't been imprisoned. I guess it would infuriate half the people in this country.

If you're one of those people, you should watch Taxi to the Dark Side. Let me know if it doesn't change your mind.

If you already dislike Bush and Cheney, then this movie will give the reassuring, if sinking feeling, that you were right all along about those bastards.

I hate to end my blog post on such a somber note. So let me entreat God to bless America. And the rest of the world. May they forgive us our offenses against them someday.

But I think we have to meet them halfway and prosecute Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld for torture and murder.

1 comment:

Mun Mun said...

I suppose Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld will be prosecuted one day after Henry Kissinger gets his for his part in the murder of Allende in Chile (and I'm sure other things). Could be a long wait.