Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mojo Trauma Kit

The Mojo Range Operations Trauma Kit was highlighted by Police Magazine in their coverage of the TREXPO show.

This is a trauma kit for gunshots wounds at shooting ranges, but it would be useful in many situations where a person had life-threatening bleeding. The key innovation is that it provides numbered instructions above the medical items.

Now this wouldn't necessarily be the best course of action in ALL circumstances, for instance, electrocution is a different course of treatment than a gunshot wound (GSW).

One of the mantras that I try to remember in a medical emergency is ABCD: Airway, Breathing, Circulation, Damage.

Not that I'm an expert medic... but if I'm the first responder on the scene, then I'll do what I can to assess and stabilize any injured.

No comments: