Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Neal's Favorite Scotches

For my birthday, my friends took me to see some live music. We also went to a bar that had over 65 types of Scotch whiskey. I've never been much of a drinker, but I bought a bottle of Scotch for our Halloween party two years ago and discovered that I liked the taste of Scotch, but hadn't really explored many scotches. I sampled several 10 year old scotches and these are what I thought, based on the SMS notes I took.

What I discovered tonight is that Glenmorangie, Auchentoshen and Edradour are all really good IMHO. I liked Balvenie. It was smooth with a satisfying smoky aftertaste. I also had some Macallan, which is good with its oak flavor.

But I don't like peaty scotches. I thought Ardbeg was too smoky and I didn't like Springbank at all.

No comments: