Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The woods are enchanting, dark and deep


I took up cross country skiing this winter and I am sad to see the snow sublimating and melting. The woods are beautiful in Minnesota. I really enjoy living here.

This is one of the first times that my quads have been in such good shape at the end of the winter. It was a great winter climate for skiing this year, we had good snow for months. But now it's all going away.

Classic cross country skiing is a great workout for the whole body, but especially the thighs and it's low impact as well. I've only gone a half dozen times, but I think I figured out how to sprint on skis this last time. But I also have to remember to pace myself on a long course.

2 comments:

Mun Mun said...

Do you ski on groomed trails like the one in the picture? I love those. I hope you get more snow!

Neal R. Axton (USA) said...

It depends upon the course, sometimes I go back country, but often I'm on groomed trails like this one. I took this picture at Wild River park near the Wisconsin border.