Friday, November 14, 2008

What Doesn't Kill The Far-Right Only Makes Them Crazier

What Doesn't Kill The Far-Right Only Makes Them Crazier is the title of Bob Cesca's article for the Huffington Post.

[O]n Monday, Michelle Malkin posted an item in which she referred to the president-elect as the "overlord-elect." And on Tuesday, Congressman Paul Broun told the AP, "You have to remember that Adolf Hitler was elected in a democratic Germany. I'm not comparing him to Adolf Hitler. What I'm saying is there is the potential." Uh-huh. On the scale of probability, "Obama is a fascist dictator" is about as likely as "Broun is a Jedi Master." But it doesn't matter. Reality is irrelevant.

The obvious intention here is to cobble together an abuse of power meme against President-elect Obama, despite President Bush and Vice President Cheney having, you know, spent the last eight years consolidating executive power, authorizing torture, suspending habeas corpus, illegally invading sovereign nations, ignoring congressional subpoenas and eavesdropping on American citizens.

Whoops. There I go again, talking about facts and treating the crazy like it's real. |Link|


Back in college I learned that trying to reason with religious people can cause them to abandon reason altogether and wrap themselves in their faith (or reality denial, as I like to call it).

So I rarely even talk to people I consider borderline crazy anymore. I avoid them.

Or I pepper spray them.

Just kidding.

3 comments:

jkbeitz said...

Did you see this on the Daily Show last night?

Neal R. Axton (USA) said...

No, I recorded it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. Sarah's plane arrived during the Daily Show last night...

Neal R. Axton (USA) said...

That was great. Thanks for sharing!