Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Morning in America


Sparrow Berry Harvest, originally uploaded by J Bespoy.


I'm so delighted that Obama was elected President, and by a sizable majority at that!

I thought his victory speech was moving, as it reminded us of a century of American accomplishment.

I'd like to believe that the US is still a meritocracy and Obama's victory is some evidence of that, which has to be weighed against the corruption of the democratic process that we saw back in 2000.

In January we will move beyond the slogans to dealing with our problems as a nation, but I am optimistic because Obama is an impressive leader, and our only chance as a nation is if we select our best and brightest to lead us into the 21st century.

Further, John McCain's concession speech was gracious and I hope that he and President Obama will be able to work together for the good of the country.

1 comment:

Language Lover said...

What a beautiful and appropriate picture.

I agree, I was very impressed with McCain's speech...it reminded me of the McCain I remember and liked from years ago. Perhaps now that the campaign is over, everyone can focus on the business of healing this country.