Monday, September 15, 2008

Safety Propositions: Living in the Moment

I'm a planner and I spend a fair amount of time trying to be efficient with my work and in my collaboration with others. I should read more management literature... it's odd how our tastes change as we get older, no?

Anyway, sometimes I plan too much, I overthink things that should be simple. I've also noticed that even while driving down the road, I'll be thinking about work or some other topic not relevant to the driving.

So my mantra has been the live in the moment, at least while I'm driving. I'm a reasonably good driver most of the time and this can lead to boredom and daydreaming, especially in perfect weather conditions on long drives.

I think I would be happier if I lived in the moment more... although a certain amount of preparation and worry are healthy.

The trick is finding the right balance.

No comments: