Saturday, February 23, 2008

Taser Shotgun & SHOT show videos

SHOT show is the gun geek's version of Christmas. GunsAmerica video has a variety of videos available. Several of the videos are interesting, but I was especially grabbed by the one showing the new Taser shotgun |Gizmodo page|. It's manufactured by Mossberg and can only load less than lethal rounds, it won't accept a shotgun shell.

The Taser shotgun also has bright yellow furniture, so cops will know instantly if they're the one with the less than lethal version.

I'm sure police departments differ in policy, but I've read that some departments won't authorize Taser use unless another officer is standing by with a firearm in coverage so that if the situation rises to a lethal force level (subject charges with a knife, for instance) then the coverage officer would use letahl force.

I have a Mossberg 500, 12 gauge pump shotgun that I use to shoot skeet and I like it.

No comments: