Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Land of Opportunity

Arguably America's greatest asset is its workforce. We have a highly educated and flexible workforce, some of the greatest universities in the world, an excellent military and a huge army of mandarins laboring in our service.

As we go into November and electing our head mandarin, the world is a volatile place. The spectres of global warming and fossil fuel depletion herald dramatic changes in life on Earth for all of us.

Now, I'm sceptical by nature and I wonder if America can rise to the challenge.

But I love this country and I would like to think we have some unique characteristics due to our heritage as a democracy and our cultural diversity.

Despite my scepticism, I am still inspired by Barack Obama. He's an incredible orator, handsome, charismatic, and smart. I'm impressed by his honesty as well.

If Obama can inspire the American people, I have to believe we can pull together and overcome the challenges that confront us and the rest of the world.

No comments: