Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cross Country Skiing

I went cross country skiing for the first time today. My friend Alex is a long time skier so we went to Como Park and I rented some skis. It was a lot of fun. I made quite a bit of improvement just in two hours, although the downhills are still pretty tricky.

I'm a bit sore already and may be even more sore tomorrow, but it was a good workout and it was nice to be out in the Alpenglow.

Update: I'm really sore today between my shoulder blades and the sartorius muscle that runs from the inside of the thigh to the outside of the knee. I think my back muscles are sore because at first I was relying on arm power since I hadn't figured out the leg motion for cross country skiing. I think the sartorius soreness comes from pushing out my heels to steer and stop, those are simply muscles I don't use much in everyday life and I'll need to do frequent skiing to tone them up.

No comments: