Tuesday, November 06, 2007

TSA stole my pocket knife

So when we traveled this past weekend, I put my pocket knife in my checked suitcase along with a larger, fixed-blade knife (just in case...)

When we arrived in Wichita, my pocket knife was missing although the fixed blade knife was still there. I went through the suitcase a couple of times and then decided that a TSA employee must have stolen my pocket knife. Sarah thought I'd left it at home, but I was certain I'd put it in the suitcase.

Upon returning home, I checked the drawer where I keep my pocket knife when I'm not carrying it... and it's not there. Those bastards stole my pocket knife.

Apparently, my loss is just the tip of the iceberg.

1 comment:

Mun Mun said...

Jeez, you'd think they'd already be swimming in pocket knives seized from carry-on luggage. I accidentally carried on a Swiss Army Knife that was in my purse flying from Denver. I have a vague memory of seeing a big pile of pocket knives in a bin. I wonder what happens to all those. They should give them to the boy scouts of america or something.