Wednesday, September 12, 2007

FUD in bite-sized pieces

I'll be the first to admit that I consume huge quantities of doomsday scenarios, conspiracy theories, political diatribes, and Snickers bars.

Which is why it's so great for me that Bush is still President.

His antics in the Middle East and the anniversary of 9-11 have resulted in a veritable orgy of negativism. His inability to address the causes of terrorism while bogging us down in Iraq makes for some nail-biting worst-case scenarios.

This administration has turned the marketing of fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) into an art form and I love to sit by the TV and absorb their modern-day fairy tales.

My favorite reporter is currently Michael Ware. |Wikipedia| CNN bio| He has a great way of cutting through the administration's crapola to let you know that we're well and truly fucked.

But, no worries. All American movies have a happy endings, I'm sure this will all turn out fine in the end.

No comments: