Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Widgets

I've added a couple of new widgets to my blog posts...

The Click Comments buttons are an interesting concept, but add a lot of visual clutter, but I'll give them a try and see how I feel in a week. If you want to add them to your blog, go here. The form on the front page isn't working at this moment, but if you click the link at the bottom of the page, it will take you to a form that works.

UPDATE: I deleted the Click Comment buttons because they take FOREVER to load. Nice idea, poor execution.

SECOND UPDATE: On July 1, 2007 I received an email from Click Comments indicating that they added a few brand new servers. The comments are coming faster and they are happy with the result.

They have also extended ClickComments supports to the following platforms:
MovableType
b2evolution
TatterTools


I've added a small link below for Sphere, but the tags don't show up on all of the posts. I'll have to troubleshoot that issue, but when it does appear, it's below the AddThis tag. I'm adding Sphere through Feedburner, so a couple of layers of technology to troubleshoot.

Sphere is an automated search function that searches for news and blog posts related to the post to which it is attached. It's totally hit or miss, but I thought it was an interesting instance of embedding automated research tools into websites and as the code behind Sphere gets better, so should the results. Sphere has a waiting list, but you can sign up for the widget on their homepage if you're interested.

2 comments:

Mun Mun said...

Wow. I tried to click "Touched my heart," more than once and it knew it was me. Sinister.

Safety Neal said...

These widgets are smarter than they look.