Thursday, May 10, 2007

Songs of Reference

The following song lyrics showed up in my email today, they're from Yale law school's Habeas Chorus. I don't think you have to be a law librarian to appreciate the song.


Sixteen Hours (to the tune of Sixteen Tons)

Some people say librarians' lives are a cruise
A law librarian's got five floors to choose
Five floors to choose and stacks and nooks
Plenty of stairs and big, heavy books.

You work sixteen hours, whaddya get?
Another new ulcer at the reference desk.
Hey family don't 'cha call me 'cuz I can't go,
After this 2L there's 1L's galore.

Du du du du du du du du

I clocked in one mornin' when the sun didn't shine,
Signed onto Lexis and wished I could resign.
I searched sixteen hours for law in Jaipur
And the student said, "Well-a just one more!"

You work sixteen hours, whaddya get?
Another new ulcer at the reference desk.
Student comes a-callin', says, "If you can,
I need a torts case from medieval Japan."

Du du du du du du du du

When I see 'em comin' I try to step aside,
Some librarians didn't, some librarians died.
Been here for hours -- there's no appeal
If the JD's don't get you, then the LLM's will.

You work sixteen hours, whaddya get?
Another new ulcer at the reference desk.
If I should expire you'll still ask my ghost
For criminal law from the Ivory Coast.

Du du du du du du du du

1 comment:

Mun Mun said...

Jeez - do you get that many international law questions?