Thursday, February 01, 2007

The best zombie movie you haven't seen yet


A friend suggested that I watch 28 Days Later, and I'll admit that I was dubious. I ordered it for $2 from Amazon and then it sat around for months until I was looking to unwind and felt like watching a movie.

I thought the narrative was easy to follow and that the explanation for people transforming into zombies was more credible than any other zombie movie I've ever seen. And as anyone who knows me can testify, I've a hard time suspending disbelief...

Rotten Tomatoes gives 28 Days Later an 89% fresheness rating. The Wikipedia entry (with plot spoilers) is here. IMDB's entry is here. It was directed by Danny Boyle who also directed Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, two great movies.

I like the fact that the zombies are fast, it makes the movie much scarier.

No comments: