Saturday, December 02, 2006

X boxing

So my Christmas present this year is an Xbox 360 and I just played the online version of Gears of War today. It's a lot of fun and just a little bit gory.

Clive Thompson reviews Gears of War for Wired here.

My friend, Jackson, has had one for a while and recommended the online system, Xbox Live. I am still exploring the game system, but Xbox Live is an interesting aspect of social software. It lets you know when your friends sign on and has integrated Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), so you can chat with them in and out of gaming. Your games played and your progress are all visible to the world and you can compare your videogames with those of people you meet online (the default privacy setting are to show everyone anyway). I've only been online for two days, yet I have a record of almost everyone I've played with so far.

No comments: