Friday, April 14, 2006

Post-Peak Oil Resources

Energy Bulletin is a new resource I've discovered that is proving a rich resource for solutions to dealing with the looming peak-oil problems.

Their peak-oil primer provides some background on peak oil as well as suggestions for ways forward.

I hadn't really thought of Cuba as an example of how societies can respond to the energy crisis, but it's at least proof that these issues can be addressed head-on and survived.

If you live in a centrally-planned economy in a tropical climate, at any rate...

1 comment:

DR said...

I'm too lazy to do it myself, but somebody should really do some Peak hydropower research. Not only can't we build more dams, but the dams we have are becoming less productive and less safe as silt builds up.

But, like I said, I ain't doing the research.