Sunday, February 05, 2006

Make your own footnote in a dialogue box


River uploaded by Safety Neal.

If you have Javascript enabled click here to see the footnote.

Saw this over at Strip Mining for Whimsy. If you want to be able to do it too, try this code after replacing the square brackets with angle brackets:





[a class="footnote" onmouseover="window.status=' '; return true" href="javascript:alert('Show on Click in New Window');" title="Mouseover Text, can be same of different than text to show on click"]Text that Appears[/a]

Enjoy!



3 comments:

Mun Mun said...

Nice post. I love tips like this. Color me picky, but I think "dialog box" is the more precise term for what you're making than "pop-up window."

How did you get rid of your lighthouse graphic? I haven't been very successful at altering my blogger template.

Mun Mun said...

Doh! Never mind. For some reason when I opened your blog in Safari the lighthouse didn't appear. However, when I opened it in Firefox it was back.

eBohn said...

I second that - excellent tip!