Thursday, November 10, 2005

Old man winter and bicycling

Today when I biked to school the temperature was 29 degress according to my thermometer. According to weather.com, the temperature as I write this (several hours after my bike ride) is 38 degrees in St. Paul, but with wind chill it feels like 33 degrees.

I was perfectly comfortable while biking today...although I was wearing wool pants, wool socks, hiking boots, a fleece top under a winter coat, a face mask, and motorcycle helmet.

But it's supposed to snow next Tuesday! I'm new enough to Minnesota that I'm really looking forward to the snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Although I haven't tried biking in snow before, I'm told that some Minnesotans bike year round. I'll let you know how it goes.

My biggest problem while biking today was that my glasses kept fogging up. Bicycling magazine suggests smearing toothpaste on your glasses and then washing it off....but I haven't tested that out yet.

Does anyone have an anti-fogging remedy they want to suggest?

No comments: