Sunday, August 21, 2005

Life should have a soundtrack

Ebohn tagged me with the music meme the other day and I've totally neglected to respond to him because I'm a bad person.

Another reason that I'm a bad person is that when I lived with ebohn, I used to make him listen to Exile in Guyville by Liz Phair each and every day for months on end. I know the incessant playing of Exile in Guyville tested his patience after a while, but he's such an easy-going character that he never once lost his temper when I played they album day after day...

Now I can play the album as often as I want with my Ipod and not bother anyone. Yes, I finally joined the Ipod generation a few months ago and it has improved my life in a small, but measurable, way.

I hope ebohn will forgive me for all the Liz Phair...

(BTW, Wikipedia has an entry for Exile in Guyville. How many encyclopedias can say that?)

I don't listen to Exile...that often these days, but I still enjoy the album every time I listen to it.

The most recent song that I've purchased from Itunes is 100 years by Five for Fighting.

Sarah has added a lot of music to our collection, but these are some albums that I've converted to AAC for our digital collection recently.

Shaking the Tree by Peter Gabriel
Tigerlily by Natalie Merchant
So Much for the Afterglow by Everclear

Joshua Tree by U2
Romeo & Juliet Soundtrack by Various Artists
Fush Yu Mang by Smashmouth

Live at Blues Alley by Eva Cassidy
Everybody else is, so why can't we? by the Cranberries
This Way by Jewel
Little Plastic Castle by Ani DiFranco

Live from the Fall (2 Vol)
by Blues Traveler
Shaming of the Sun by Indigo Girls

Several songs that I've been listening to quite a bit lately are Sand in my Shoes by Dido, Wednesday by Tori Amos, 100 years by Five for Fighting, Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy.

No comments: