Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Fumes

Our building is being fumigated as I write this. The last week has been a blur of cleaning and packing. Our landlord is putting us up in a pretty nice place, but he did not agree to put us up the night before the fumigation... The hotel did agree to let me check in early, but wouldn't confirm until that morning. Which made my life a living hell. But what's life without a few clusterfucks?

Luckily my employer is really cool and very flexible and it didn't end up interfering with my workload at all, but the whole affair pisses me off.

The dog had surgery last week to remove some not-very-suspicious lumps and they also operated on a mass in her mouth. She's recovering really well and should get her stitches out on Friday.

Yesterday I was running on adrenaline and rage mostly, but now I'm just feeling tired.

Update: Halle's tumors are all benign.

3 comments:

eBohn said...

I know how you like coffee, but maybe now is a good time for a soothing cup of chamomile tea.

Mun Mun said...

Ugh. What a hassle.

Safety Neal said...

I took all of our tea to the storage unit before the fumigation. Maybe after I pick it up I can sit down with a cup of chamomile and relax a little.