Wednesday, March 09, 2005

We're going to need a bigger cell

Daphna Baram, an Israeli, recently wrote an opinion piece in the Guardian arguing that if Ariel Sharon is a war criminal, then by any reasonable standard, so is Tony Blair.

I tend to agree. Let me add my two cents by saying that George Bush is probably also a war criminal. I hereby call for an independent tribunal to investigate what Mr. Bush knew when about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and the torture of foreign nationals by US agents.

There is overwhelming evidence at this point of high level approval of torture. The only question in my mind is how skillful Bush has been at insulating himself from Rumsfeld's obvious encouragement of torture.

Rumsfeld, at the very least, should be imprisoned. Bush should have to defend himself before the International Criminal Court.

I'd love to see a cage match between Saddam Hussein, Ariel Sharon, George Bush and Tony Blair. I'll bet Sharon would eat the rest of them alive, since he used to be an Israeli commando. Sharon may have slowed down due to age, but I don't think he's lost any of his fighting spirit.

No comments: