Sunday, March 13, 2005

Mugged

My friend, Dallas, got mugged earlier this week. I went over and saw him today.

The mugging happened when he was leaving one of his favorite coffee shops late at night and two guys approached him. One asked for change and when he told the guy he was broke the other one hit him in the face with a brick.

They stole his bag and all his stuff, but an alert citizen followed the two muggers to their home and called the LAPD. The men were arrested and Dallas got all his stuff back.

Dallas had to get stitches in his forehead, and he has a black eye, but he's doing pretty well for being hit in the head with a brick, I think. He seems like his usual self at any rate.

Of course, I had to give him some pepper spray and a flashlight. That's why I'm Safety Neal.

BTW, one of the muggers was wearing a hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up. I'm always suspicious of people wearing hooded sweatshirts with the hood up if it isn't damned cold outside.

No comments: