Tuesday, August 10, 2004

So long, Kansas

Tomorrow I fly back to Los Angeles. I'll spend tonight with my youngest brother, Kyle, in Kansas City.

Compared to California, Kansas seems lush and almost tropical. Los Angeles blooms with stolen water wherever they install sprinklers. But the dry patches are nothing by kindling this time of year.

As much as I despise Los Angeles, it will be good to be back with Sarah and our little dog, Halle.

I'm even looking forward to going back to work at the UCLA law library. I think librarianship is the ideal lifestyle. I really enjoyed my internship at the University of Tulsa. All of the librarians were very nice. I felt more like an adopted member of an extended family than an intern. I enjoyed the two archival projects I worked on. I'd never done any work on an archival project before, so these two projects really helped to broaden my experiences.

I also learned quite a bit about international intellectual property, which is always useful for making small talk among librarians and other techno-geeks.

A week after I get back I have jury duty for the City of Los Angeles. The division I'm assigned to only does traffic cases. I'll let you know if I get to sit in judgment on anything interesting.

No comments: