Monday, March 22, 2004

Yet another reason not to practice criminal law...

You could end up representing this moron who punched his lawyer in the face during his trial for murdering a child.

Update: Co-counsel was held in contempt for not agreeing to take over this case. She was released the next day and the attorney who was punched was also allowed to withdraw. The trial will continue. It's not clear if the scumbag will get another attorney.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are criminal defense attorneys in the world. But I'm also glad I'm not one of them anymore.

I once represented a mentally ill woman who vigorously fought with three cops during her arrest. She was 19 years old and outweighed me by 30 pounds of muscle. I thought she was going to attack me at several points during our first conversation at the jail.

I managed to get her out of jail....and she disappeared like water down a drain.

No comments: